A lot of people seem to be making it to my blog looking for how to fix a Wii sensor bar wire. I'll quickly run through the steps to do so. The important part is to burn away the insulation that coats each conductor inside of the cable.
- Cut the cable at the point of the break, making a clean cut on each side.
- Carefully strip ~3 cm of the outside jacket from each side of the cable.
- Remove the paper and expose the two inner wires.
- (the important part) The two inner wires are coated with their own insulators. Burn away .5 cm of the insulation with a lighter or match.
- (optional) Place a bit of shrink tube on one side of the cable. You'll need this later to tidy up your fix.
- Solder the two wires on each side of the break to each other.
- Wrap the soldered points in a bit of electrical tape to prevent a short.
- Slide the optional shrink tube over the soldered area and heat with a heat gun or blow dryer.